Khai Wu Had His Opponent Gone in 60-Seconds

Over the course of Khai Wu’s first, and to this moment only, minute as a professional mixed martial artist, he showcased an array of ability that has a fanbase, now stretching from Northern California to Taiwan, clamoring for a prompt return to the cage.

The decision to ditch the amateur scene paid dividends for the lifelong resident of Tracy, California as soon as he signed the dotted line with Reign Fighting Championships (RFC), an MMA promotion based in Taiwan. Having experienced numerous cancellations during his stint as a C.A.M.O (California Amateur Mixed Martial Arts Organization) licensed fighter, Wu was confident his opponent, Masatoshi Okuno, wouldn’t weasel his way out of their contract; moreover, he was honored for an opportunity to compete, especially to open his pro career, in a country he’d become well-acquainted with since childhood.

Though the match with Okuno was sanctioned as a professional contest, Wu had to deal with some amateurish antics during the weigh-in. In a customary face-off for the cameras, Okuno attempted to initiate some sort of physical altercation with Wu, though ‘The Shadow’ was able to shed light on how one should conduct themselves.

Twenty-four hours later, both bantamweights met in the center, and Wu proved to be an impossible target for the initial thirty-seconds of the scrap.

Once Wu went on the offensive, each tick from the clock became more devastating than the last. Wu measured his distance, uncorked a lethal combination, folded his opposition in half, and forced the hand of the referee to call a halt to the abuse.

With a flawless finish in the first frame, the onset of Wu’s journey is primed for an arduous climb up the pyramid of prizefighting contenders. As a perfectionist of his craft, Wu will likely return to his labs at Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu and Omni Movement, continue ironing his game into a smooth work of art, and await the next deal that appears in his inbox.


Leave a Reply