For fight fans frothing at the mouth mid-week, anxiously awaiting the weekend to quench their thirst for MMA action, Tachi Palace Fights (TPF), at TPF 31: Diaz vs. Gibson, will be streaming their upcoming event, pitting champion versus champion, on Thursday, May 18, 2017 through Sherdog.com.
Main Event: Adrian Diaz vs. Cody Gibson for the TPF Featherweight Title
Both Adrian Diaz (10-4-1), the current TPF Featherweight Champion, and Cody ‘The Renegade’ Gibson (15-6), the current TPF Bantamweight Champion, claimed their respective belts on May 19, 2016 at TPF 27: Mayhem. At TPF 31, Gibson will add ten-pounds of muscle by virtue of his training at Team Elite Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai in hopes of adding ten more pounds of championship metal around his waist. After defending his belt twice prior, Diaz has grown accustomed to seeing the shine of his efforts hang in Team Alpha Male’s trophy case, and he intends on returning it to, as his swath of supporters would argue, its rightful place, reigning supreme in the heart of TPF’s Bingo Hall.
Co-Main Event: Buddy Wallace vs. JC Llamas for the vacant TPF Welterweight Title
If anyone were expected to remain on their feet with their hand raised in a contest opposite JC ‘The Leg Lock Monster’ Llamas (8-6), it would be Last Stand Fight Team’s Buddy Wallace (13-6). Whichever one of these welterweights shuts down the engine of the other will ignite the neon ‘no’ next to the vacancy on TPF’s Welterweight Title.
Keep up with the play-by-play and other live updates of TPF 31 by following along on Twitter @norcalfightmma.
Adrian Diaz vs. Cody Gibson for the TPF Featherweight Title
- Results: Diaz def. Gibson in Round 3 (1:46) by way of guillotine
Buddy Wallace vs. JC Llamas for the vacant TPF Welterweight Title
- Results: Wallace def. Llamas in Round 1 (5:00) by way of injury stoppage
Joe Neal vs. Alex Rojas in the bantamweight division
- Results: Neal def. Rojas in Round 2 (:35) by way of TKO
Nathan Stolen vs. Tyler Diamond in the featherweight division
- Results: Diamond def. Stolen by way of unanimous decision
Van Palacio vs. Chris Lewis in the heavyweight division
- Results: Lewis def. Palacio in Round 2 (4:38) by way of TKO
Paradise Vaovasa vs. Jalin Turner in the lightweight division
- Results: Turner def. Vaovasa in Round 1 (1:30) by way of TKO
Armando Espinoza vs. Diamond Templeton in the lightweight division
- Results: Espinoza def. Templeton in Round 1 (2:07) by way of triangle
Mohammed Usman vs. Derrick Williams in the heavyweight division
- Results: Usman def. Williams in Round 1 (1:16) by way of Kimura
Angel DeAnda vs. Mike Morales in the light heavyweight division
- Results: DeAnda def. Morales in Round 1 (2:55) by way of TKO