Inside the belly of the Modesto Centre Plaza (1000 L St.) in Modesto, California, eighteen amateur mixed martial artists from around the region will fight like hungry wolves over the last bit of scraps for experience in place of a paycheck.
The main event of the evening features James Gilley and Rich Treas, massive men with dynamite in their hands, for CFC’s vacant Heavyweight Title. Both Treas and Gilley appeared at the last show presented by CFC, CFC 2: Knockout Artist, though not for long. Treas, after cutting the power to the consciousness of Kenosha Saunders in nine-seconds, collected CFC’s Cruiserweight Title, and Gilley, just under the thirty-second mark, leveled Oliver Pryor, Treas’ teammate at Dynamic MMA, and silenced the hometown crowd. CFC 3’s closing contest generates tremendous intrigue because of how quickly the gigantic frames of Treas and Gilley transfer their energy from potential of kinetic.
From one end of the spectrum to the other, CFC contracted a championship bout between Anthony Howard and Freddy Mendez for CFC’s vacant Strawweight Title. Although these up-and-comers are packaged like a Prius, they hit like an eighteen-wheeler. Additionally, Howard and Mendez share a loss in their previous outing, so a spectacular win highlights which strawweight is the needle in the haystack.
Keep up with the play-by-play and other live updates at CFC 3: Reign of Terror by following along on Twitter @norcalfightmma.
CFC 3: Reign of Terror Results:
Richard Treas vs. James Gilley for the vacant CFC Heavyweight Title
- Result: Treas def. Gilley by way of TKO in round 1 (1:10) to become the new CFC Heavyweight Champion
Anthony Howard vs. Freddy Mendez for the vacant CFC Strawweight Title
- Result: Howard def. Mendez by way of unanimous decision to become the new CFC Strawweight Champion
Lloyd Mathesen vs. Bruno Casillas in the light heavyweight division
- Results: Casillas def. Mathesen by way of TKO in round 2 (2:24)
Alex Badovinac vs. Robert Holson in the bantamweight division
- Result: Holson def. Badovinac by way of guillotine in round 1 (1:10)
Andres Villanueva vs. Jonathan Sellers in the lightweight division
- Result: Sellers def. Villanueva by way of rear naked choke in round 2 (1:28)
Anthony Gonzalez vs. Frankie Berlanga in the lightweight division
- Results: Berlanga def. Gonzalez by way of triangle in round 3 (1:38)
Nick Davis vs. Bruno Casillas in the light heavyweight division (grappling only)
- Results: Casillas def. Davis by way of rear naked choke